Welcome to the web home of the Milestones Study Centre at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada. We conduct research on how babies and young children develop. We use online tools to find parents worldwide who share their observations and experiences by completing short surveys.
Our studies have questions about developmental milestones, such as sitting, crawling, and walking. They also ask about other events and circumstances that may be important for healthy growth and development.
If you are a parent of an infant or young child, or even if you are expecting your first child, join a current study or add your address to our future studies mailing list.
Unsure about the value of your observations? Don’t worry. As a parent you know more about your child than anyone else. You are the world’s expert on your child, and you should share that expertise by completing one of our studies. We will combine what you tell us about your child with what other parents tell us about theirs. Through such crowdsourcing of parental wisdom, we can learn more about infant and child development than we could ever know without your help.
9 more reasons to complete a survey
- We won’t try to sell you anything.
- We won’t collect information that could identify you or your child.
- Our surveys are administered from a secure website.
- A University ethics committee has reviewed and approved our studies.
- You can contact us directly by phone or email.
- You can complain to a University official if we misbehave.
- You can get a summary of the results if you loan us your email address.
- Your email address will be destroyed after we send you the summary.
- You and your child will contribute to the world’s knowledge by sharing your experiences.